Join us for the 2017 Ohiolina String Off—our first ever guitar and fiddle competition. It's a chance to enjoy some healthy competition while showing off your know-how of knee-slapping, finger picking tunes. Bonus: If you are selected to perform, you'll receive two free weekend passes for participating!
How does it work?
- Competition is limited to 20 contestants with a string instrument only.
- Ohiolina committee will select the 20 contestants based on submission. Contestants will be notified by September 1, 2017 if they have been selected to participate.
- Day-of contestants will be judged on creativity and talent on the instrument.
- Singing is allowed but not part of the judging criteria.
- CHECK-IN: Contestants must check in with the contest staff at Ariel Foundation Park at least 1 hour before their scheduled contest is scheduled to begin.
- TIME LIMIT: Songs must not exceed three minutes. The judges will disqualify contestants who exceed this time limit. Each contestant will play two songs.
- One backup musician allowed.
- The contestant order will be randomly assigned prior to each round.
to participate in the String-Off Competition, PLEASE complete thIS form
NOTE: You will be contacted if you are selected to participate in this year's competition.